Monday 6 December 2010

Career job : I'm Making a Job

  Career job information for job seekers and find good employment job 



The job I lost

I took a smaller hourly wage with fewer hours in 2003. I'm an industrial maintenance technician by trade, and was averaging 3000 + hours a year. My hands are not able to work the long hours any more. I got a job in the sport fishing marine industry.

The industry has been crippled from the economy, with many factories closing there doors. There is no work in the industry. With my age and medical limitations I don't see much in terms of new employment.

What it's like being unemployed

I lost all my savings, my 401k account was devestated by the market crash, and they closed my account due to not working anymore and not having enough $$$ to keep the account open, so I lost ALL my investments.

Unemployment was the only thing keeping my trailer and car payments up to date. Now that's gone too.

There is new industry opening in the area but I'm not qualified to work in the aircraft industry, and cannot go back into meatpacking due to my health.

Advice

  • I can't find a job so I'm making a job. I'm starting an industrial abrasives distribution business. It's long hours and hard work, but I like the fact that I can use my 26 years of industrial experience to help my customers.



Finds more jobs employment
By Dawn Rosenberg McKay, About.com Guide

0 comments: